Inappable and Future Series
Many giant robot themes are not, or not yet, appable on Super Robot Taisen MOO. Generally, if something isn't yet integrated and isn't listed here, contact staff about it and we'll do our best to get back to you swiftly. Some themes may be held in reserve for Phases 2-4, while others may just not fit. Themes will be added to this list if inquired about.
Inappable Characters and Concepts
Puru Series Clone OCs
We have received enough apps for OC Purus that we feel that niche is filled. There are many other options for Cyber-Newtypes such as Murasame series from Murasame Labs, Augusta Labs, Fort Severn and the Flanagan Institute amongst many others. We also have other Mulched Children options such as The School, BioNet Cyborgs, Amalgam Child Soldiers and the Boosted Men/Extended from SEED. Many of these have played characters who can coordinate with you for linked backgrounds.
These themes may become appable during later Phases. This list is tentative.
Themes Planned for Phase 2
- Armored Trooper VOTOMs (Partial; when Phase 2 begins this theme will receive a more detailed treatment including which characters are appable. Yes, this will include Chirico.)
- Banpresto Originals - Zuvorg Alliance
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury
- Super Beast Machine God - Dancouga
- Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V
Themes Planned for Phase 3-4
- Armored Trooper VOTOMs (More complete than in Phase 2)
- Blue Gale Xabungle
- Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon
- Gun x Sword
- Gundam: Reconguista in G
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes (tentative, pending a canon audit)
- Macross Delta (tentative; we do not guarantee this, but if Macross Delta is integrated, it will show up in this phase)
- MS Saga: A New Dawn
- Overman King Gainer
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (starting from: Kamina City Arc)
- Turn A Gundam [units only]
- Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force (tentative; we have not nailed down where to start in this franchise, and may also include other Zoids shows)
Generally Inappable Themes
These themes are currently explicitly not planned for integration at SRTMOO at all.
General Categories of Theme
- "Isekai Robots" - This is a general category that is inappable due to, for the most part, no secondary worlds to be sucked into and have cool robots in; things like Lord of Elemental Masoukishin, Aura Battler Dunbine, Mashin Hero Wataru, and Magic Knight Rayearth all fall into this category. If you aren't sure if a theme falls into this category, ask, but this is usually going to be one of those "If you have to ask…" categories. A couple of these are appable at Battle Fantasia MUSH, a game with which we maintain friendly relations. Others may become appable at a specific point in Phase 3-4.
- "Fantasy Mecha" - Another general category encompassing themes like Vanguard Bandits, Xenogears, et cetera. Some themes in this category are appable at Dream Chasers MUSH, a game with which we maintain friendly relations. Others may become appable at a specific point in Phase 3-4.
- Aim for the Top! Gunbuster - Gunbuster's tone is very difficult to maintain on a MU*, since it deals so heavily with conventional near-light travel as a tone point. While SRW has done without it and been fine, we'd prefer not to shortchange the theme in this way.
- Aim for the Top! 2 Diebuster - This decision mostly follows from no Gunbuster, but may be revisited during Phase 3/4.
- Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX - Requires a totally-already-invaded Earth.
- Battletech - Massive theme footprint with significant backstory divergence that cannot easily be reconciled with the one place it could conceivably be put.
- Cyber Troopers Virtual On - Too many fiction layers.
- Detonator Orgun - Incompatible tech progression.
- Fafner in the Azure - Incompatible worldstate; difficult to "let play" on its own terms.
- Hades Project Zeorymer - Legitimately would be VERY uncomfortable even touching this, and indeed it might be past the public-spaces rating.
- Lancer - Setting heft.
- Linebarrels of Iron - Ironically, this one is actually too close to some integrated content while taking such a fundamentally different stance as to be irreconcilable.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - This is not a mecha show no matter how many SRW attacks it steals.
- Metal Wolf Chaos - No America.
- Mazinkaiser SKL - Stacks awkwardly with our chosen Mazinger (Infinity).
- Megazone 23 - Incompatible worldbuilding.
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - We don't have the game-space to give this a fair treatment.
- Muv-Luv - There's a few factors here but the biggest is its mid-apocalypse status.
- Six God Combination Godmars - Gaia Bomb.
- Space Knight Tekkaman Blade - Done to a very thorough completion at a previous game.
- Super Dimension Century Orguss - We are not going to make multiple overlapping universes a major theme point. While other universes inform and structure our playspace occasionally, they are not generally intended to overlap our playspace or become fully-featured playspaces in their own right. (This also serves as a hint that if you think you see a parallel universe being accessed, what is actually happening is a hair more complicated, on an OOC level!)
- Transformers - Transformers is its own whole category of MU*s and has a massive theme footprint.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender - There are some issues with the scope and style of its alien invasion. We would actually consider revisiting this decision in Phase 2 for a particularly good pitch, but at the moment assume a no.